Posted By daniel11ryan
The error code 22 or “Device is Disabled ” error can be seen while running your system or installing a particular program. There are various reasons for such error like hardware tool turned off under the “Device Manager,” using an old and unsupported driver, and some bugs and glitches inside your system.
It usually arises when you start or turn off your system. When the hardware program is disabled, then some harmful bugs become active inside your device manager and thus create obstructions in the functioning of your device.
Follow these steps, if you wish to troubleshoot the error code 22 on your device:
Enabling Deactivated Device
Follow these steps if you wish to activate your deactivated device to fix this error issue:
- First of all, launch your “Device Manager” by entering “devmgmt.msc” into the search bar and choose the appropriate resulting option from the coming list.
- Now, you have to detect your problematic gadget option and hit it.
- Then, navigate to the menu option located at the uppermost portion of the screen.
- Now, tap the “Action” tab there.
- Next, you have to activate your device by tapping the “Enable” tab.
- If the error is not fixed by the above method, then it might be some other errors causing the issue. Detect them and remove them.
Fixing Error Code 22 by Rebooting your Device
There might be some malware or harmful bugs in your “Device Manager.” It is recommended to run a reboot operation on your system that will remove these hindrances from your device. To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the lower-left edge of your screen and then hit the “Windows” logo there.
- After that, tap on the “Power” button.
- At last, tap on the “Restart” tab there.
Updating the System’s “Device Driver”
The method of updating can troubleshoot the driver’s error “22,” you can do so by navigating the official website of your system manufacturer or through the “Device Manager” tool. You can also use the “Driver Easy” tool as an alternative method. It will tell you how to get a compatible and genuine driver in your system.
You can apply either “Free” or “Pro Version” of your “Driver Easy.”
To start with the “Driver Easy” method, you have to abide by these instructions:
- First of all, you have to download the “Driver Easy” on your system by navigating its compatible webpage.
- Then, install it on your system.
- Now, you have to run “Driver Easy” over your device and then hit the “Scan Now” tab there. Now, it will start scanning your device and detect all the issues, if any.
- Next, tap on “Update” located just after the “flagged” driver for downloading a compatible edition of a particular driver.
- Now, install it manually over your device.
- After that, tap the option “Update All” tab for downloading and then installing compatible drivers of that goes unsupported or outdated. (It needs the Pro-edition of “Driver Easy”).
Removing “Device Driver” from your System
If you have found that your device driver got corrupted, then it is advised to uninstall it from your system that will help you to fix this disabled device error.
Follow these steps to remove unsupported “Device Driver” from your system:
- First of all, navigate to the “Device Manager” and then hit the “Uninstall” tab after choosing and right-clicking your issue, creating a device.
- Now, perform a usual reboot to save the changes that you have made to your device. Now, windows will install the compatible driver once again on your system.
Resetting “BIOS” Settings
In case the above method didn’t work, then it is recommended to delete the “CMOS” battery for resetting the “BIOS” settings to its default.
Follow these steps to perform reset operation for BIOS:
- Firstly, you have to turn off your system.
- Then, eject all the power cables from the power source.
- Now, un-box your system’s case to open hardware parts.
- Then, check for the “CMOS” battery inside the box.
Note: It will be inside the exposed housing on the motherboard in the case of the PC. On laptops, it will be inside either the chassis tray or inside the protective cover.
- Now, eject the CMOS battery by keeping the battery’s position in your mind.
- Then, wait a couple of minutes so that the “CMOS” could reset on its own.
- Finally, put the battery in its place inside the case and get your computer’s box sealed. After that, the BIOS will reset on its own and thus activate the system’s graphics device.
- Turn on your PC or laptop and check that the tissue is removed.
Laura Barton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.